New Mexico is the 47th constituent state of the United States and joined the Union on January 6, 1912. It is located in the southwestern region of the United States. It is the 5th-largest state of the United States in terms of land area, with a total land area of 121,590 square miles. It is also one of the least populous states in the United States, with a total population of 2,096,829. Santa Fe city is the capital of New Mexico State, while Albuquerque is the largest and most populated city. The State of New Mexico has a unique nickname, "The Land of Enhancement." The official motto of New Mexico is "Crescit eundo," which means "It grows as it goes." The economy of New Mexico depends upon natural resources (oil and natural gas), tourism, dryland farming, mining, cattle ranching, lumber (timber) milling, military, retail trade, and service sector.
Fun Facts about New Mexico State
Here are some interesting facts about New Mexico:
- If you stand on the top of the "Capulin Volcano National Monument" in New Mexico, you would be able to see five different states at a time.
- The capital city of New Mexico State "Santa Fe" is the highest state capital city in the country, standing about 7,000 feet high above the sea level.
- The Jornada del Muerto is a desert in south-central New Mexico, where America's first Atomic Bomb was tested.
- NM is also known for the World Shovel Race Championship; thousands of people flock this event from across the world.
- New Mexico's city Albuquerque is recognized as the "hot air ballooning capital of the world." Albuquerque city hosts thousands of people who come from all over the world for the International Balloon Fiesta.
- Hatch, a Village of Doña Ana County in New Mexico State, is famous as the "Green Chile capital of the world."
- Jeff Bezos, the Founder, President, and CEO of the multinational technology company "Amazon," was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- The oldest government building of the United States is called the "Palace of Governors" situated in Santa Fe.
- NM is home to a unique dessert called White Sands National Monument. It consists of shining white gypsum crystals instead of sand.
- American Black Bear is the New Mexico State animal, and Yucca flower is the official flower.
New Mexico State Law Enforcement Role in Public Safety
New Mexico law enforcement agencies' role in ensuring public safety and the constitutional right protection is undeniable. New Mexico law enforcement agencies are well equipped with all the latest technology and tools that they need to ensure public safety across the state. Several law enforcement departments participate in events and programs organized by the local community. The participation is to raise public awareness about the dangers of reckless driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, and harms of using control substances. Several law enforcement agencies also offer valuable advice to maximize security efforts for various organizations such as public schools and assisted living facilities.
New Mexico Law Enforcement Agencies
According to the authorized data provided by the US Bureau of Justice Statistics, there are about one hundred and forty-six (146) law enforcement agencies serving in New Mexico State. These law enforcement agencies are operating with almost 5,010 proficient police officers.
New Mexico State Law Enforcement Agencies
Multiple state law enforcement agencies are operating in New Mexico State. Some of the best ones are the New Mexico State Police, New Mexico Department of Public Safety; New Mexico Mounted Patrol, New Mexico Attorney General's Office, and others.
New Mexico County Law Enforcement Agencies
Some of the well-known county sheriff departments include Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department, Doña Ana County Sheriff's Office, Los Alamos County Police Department, Roosevelt County Sheriff's Office, and others.
New Mexico City Law Enforcement Agencies
A few of the most noteworthy city police departments are Albuquerque Police Department, Santa Fe Police Department, Las Cruces Police Department, Cuba Police Department, and the Alamogordo Police Department.
New Mexico Tribal Law Enforcement Agencies
New Mexico has tribal law enforcement agencies that collaborate with other police agencies to protect the citizens. Some of these agencies include Acoma Pueblo Police Department, Jemez Pueblo Police Department, Santa Clara Pueblo Police Department, and others.
Supporting New Mexico Law Enforcement Agencies
Supporting the New Mexico law enforcement agencies is very important because our support motivates the brave officers who put their lives in danger. Law enforcement agencies organize appreciation events to commemorate the critical role and policing services provided by the officers in blue. Exclusive police challenge coins, and medals are given to the high achievers and those who stood out by showing bravery. As responsible citizens of New Mexico, we owe brave police officers respect and appreciation. Police challenge coins are a symbol of integrity, honor, and pride for those who carry these keepsakes. If you want to show your support to the men and women in blue, do not hesitate to carry a New Mexico police challenge coins with you for those serving in New Mexico police agencies.
Customized New Mexico Police Challenge Coins
Customized challenge coins not only are valuable possessions, but also, they make unique gifts for any occasion. These police coins were first adopted by law enforcement agencies to appreciate their best performers, but in the last few years, these collectibles have been adopted by the police supporters who use these challenge coins as a gift. You can customize police coins with details, such as prayer, quote, image, and name, etc.
Collectible New Mexico Police Challenge Coins
Collectible police challenge coins are carried by challenge coin hobbyists, police officers, and their supporters. If you are into collecting police challenge coins, you can get New Mexico law enforcement police collectibles to show your association with and appreciation for the New Mexico police agencies.
Get New Mexico Police Challenge Coins
Police Brand understands the needs of police challenge coin collectors. Keeping our customer's needs in mind, our talented designers have created exclusive collections of police challenge coins and other law enforcement collectibles. Click here to see our unusual collectible police challenge coins and other police collectibles.